So, I had my big piano test today. I got up at 6:30 am (after a night in which I hardly slept a wink...so much for 'good night's sleep') to drive out, along with Mom (the driver), Galdor, Kara, and my music teacher, Mrs. R, to the testing center. Turns out the testing center was in someone house, and not a public building as I had imagined it. Also turns out that it's a little bit more informal than I had originally thought. Mrs. R was told that the only thing the judges were allowed to say to you was 'Thank you' after you play your piece--they're not allowed to give you any feedback. Of course, that gives you a mental image of these frog-faced officials who don't smile and clear their throat every time you mess up.
Needless to say, my judge (only one judge, thank goodness!) was neither frog-faced nor unsmiling.
I actually think it went pretty well. I must say, though, there were days when I thought it would be a pretty even bet whether or not I could be prepared on time. I spent Tuesday and Wednesday playing the piano, trying to get those darn repertoire pieces memorized! Honestly, just after posting about Joshua 1:9, you think I would remember not to get so stressed out. But I was really frustrated, especially on Tuesday. I hate being frustrated, particularly because it doesn't even help. And I'm happy to say that with each time I get stressed out, I grow a little and find it easier to get un-stressed. It feels really good to tell y'all that by Thursday I had completely committed my test to the Lord and was therefore completely calm. Okay, almost completely calm.
So, yeah. It went well.
I cannot believe I completely forgot to tell you guys this...but my birthday was this Sunday!!!! I am...wait for it, wait for it...SIXTEEN! WOW! CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! I had an awesome birthday, thanks to my bff who came over for a sleep over. She's a really awesome friend, so it follows that I had a really awesome birthday. =)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday!!!! Trusting in the Lord is important but hard to do sometimes. Thats why its important to cast all our cares upon He who cares for us. :]
~
Autumn
Post a Comment