Monday, August 27, 2012

Junior Year

Yeah, I'm in 11th grade. I'm a little shocked that high school is going by this quickly. It seems like I'm still recovering from my freshman year. And now all of a sudden I'm a junior.

I guess we humans are so surprised at the passing of time that every single expression of the feeling is cliche. I can't say "wow, it's going by so fast" because that's what everyone says. "It seems like yesterday" is really accurate, but all the meaning is completely worn out of it. I guess something more original would be "I feel like I'm reading the book that Lucy found in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis, the one where you can't turn the pages back to look over what you just read". And even that's unoriginal, because I'm calling on Lewis to describe it for me. Man, I guess I'm just an unoriginal gal today.

So...today was my first official day in 11th grade. Technically, I started last week, but now I'm actually putting myself on a school schedule (i.e. I get up at 7:00 am instead of 8:00 am). As of now, just after lunch, I'm not as busy as I thought I would be. I wrote down the hours per week I would do school work and then divided it by 5, and I figured out I had 7-10 hours of school work a day, depending on whether or not I had papers due. Uh, I guess I over-calculated. Now that I'm actually in the thick of things, I'm not as overwhelmed as I had originally anticipated. Which is good. Very good.

I am very suspicious that once school really gets going I will have less and less time to blog. So I'm squeezing one post in today. Adios!

1 comment:

Celtic Traveler said...

Hallo!
I have tagged you on my blog.
http://greytravel.blogspot.com/