Saturday, May 8, 2010

Ghosts? Oh, they're commonplace here. And, by the way, have you seen the bottles of blood?

It's not very rare to be reading on the dining room floor and suddenly the door opens wide with no one touching it. That's because it's REALLY windy today! Yay! I love wind! And I've gotten quite used to 'ghosts' walking in and out of our house.

So...the doctors appointment went well. I talked to my doctor, and she thinks that, although there is a strong possibility of Lyme Disease (it has been on the rise around here), there's a good possibility that it's Vitamin D deficiency (also common). However, I think that there's a better chance of LD. I know that I got bit by at least one deer tick that I know of, and if there were anymore in my hair I wouldn't have a chance of finding them. Actually, I could have gotten a full-blown 'bull's eye' rash and I probably wouldn't even have noticed--my hair is pretty thick and mahogany colored. Besides, I eat a lot of dairy and I'm outside a lot.

And so, after chatting about symptoms, my doctor sent me in the direction of...*dun-dah-dah-DUH!*...the lab!

I had never had blood-work done before, and I was really nervous. Actually, that's an under-statement. I was petrified. But as I said, it went pretty well. It's actually fascinating to watch burgundy liquid stream into a little tube that's attached to your arm. Except it hurt.

What was really helpful was that Proverbs 18:20 was taped onto the lab wall. I think the lady must have been a Christian.

From the fruit of his mouth a man's stomach is filled; with the harvest from his lips he is satisfied. Proverbs 18:20

Yeah, maybe a verse about God helping through pain would have been more accurate, but the proverb was really helpful. Right before she plunged the needle into my helpless arm ;), I read it in my head over and over and over and over...

The most interesting thing was, even though I had only barely glanced at the scripture reference and had read the text countless times in my head, I only remembered the scripture reference. Very odd, because I usually have a really hard time remembering numbers. Anyway, I guess the reference was helpful for looking up the verse in my Bible at home.

The lab lady had a hard time finding my vein. She gave up on my right arm, and it took her a lot of probing with a needle to find one in my left arm. That was kind of painful. But I guess it's hereditary--my dad has small veins on that part of his arm, too.

But it was almost worth it to see the blood fill up the bottle. I know, I'm really morbid. And even though the needle hurt and there was an uncomfortable pressure on my arm, I loved watching that bottle fill up. It's weird.

I'm not going to do the Daybook today because, frankly, I don't feel top-shape. I'm just kind of tired and I have a headache and my wrists hurt and I'm tired of reading 5 books of 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' in a row.

Anyway. Don't listen to me complain.

I need to help Luthien with her roller-blades.

Izori

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha, we have a ghost that visits regularly... :P my little sister named him Bob, but I have left his name alone because I couldn't think of one appropriate.... ^_^

and blood? with how queasy I usually am, you would think that I would have a problem with it... but I don't... :P I've seen blood filling up those tubes before, too. good inspiration for books!!! :D

The Warrior said...

Yipes. Hope you're all well now?

I too dislike having my blood taken...for some reason it makes me instantly weak. And no, I don't watch! Ack!

http://drpaleophd.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-day-part-1-thus-i-meet-with-vampire.html

Ghosts? Rly????