So...what am I doing for NaNoWriMo?
At first, I thought that I would write October's Knight, but then I got that out of the way in one week.
My other idea was the sequel to the NaNoWriMo book (which for further reference will be called NaNo Book I), but as I was thinking about NaNo Book I, I realized that I need to rewrite. Maybe change some things around. I'm still not sure if I'll follow through on this, but I do know that some things in there are definitely poorly written. What I'm thinking of doing on that is slowly rewriting it in October and December. I'll definitely have my editor continue to edit because I know that she will give me valuable tips on what exactly I should cut. =)
However, I don't want to waste an annual competition on a revision. So I decided to go ahead with the sequel idea. That book shall be called, until further notice, NaNo Book II.
What's it about? Well, without giving away much, it contains the sea-faring journeys of Elizabeth, Angela, and Skye (along with their best buds from Caeleryn). At the same time, invaders from the west are threatening Durain, Mom, and Mariah back on the mainland.
You probably don't know who many of those characters are yet. Don't worry; if you read the books when they're published you'll hear all about 'em! =) During November I may post some character outlines of them.
Anyway, the NaNo books are fantasy/allegory. Lately, I've been wondering if my books really show what I believe, so that will be a main focus. I'm also focusing on my writing style (more in a future post) and character development, as well as trying to make the overall story line less cliche. As I was reading over NaNoWriMo book I, I noticed that it almost alluded to Lord of the Rings. I'll definitely fix that when I rewrite Book I, as well as steer the books away from that direction in Book II.
So, what are my fellow NaNoWriMo-ers' plans? What genre are y'all writing? I'm curious! =)
6 comments:
:) Awesome... can't wait to see what your end product is.
Love,
Bleah
I'm writing a book called Shadow of the Sea. (I'm not sure if I'll keep that name. I'll decide that when I'm finished) It's an fantasy/allegory book. I might write a sci-fi/allegory one next year or maybe this year under the same name. I haven't quite decided yet.
I'll post on my blog soon with all the info.
In Christ,
Emily
I love your blog! I'm new to the blog world... so to speak. I'm following you!
All my love,
Deleah Grace
I am doing FANTASY! No question there. :)
Aren't you just dying of excitement and suspense??? This is my first year and I really hope I'll make it! I honestly don't know what I'm writing about yet, but it will come to me soon!
Well, I was going to do the sequel for my first NaNo book, but I have ideas for this other book that keeps drawing my attention, so I think I'm gonna write that. By the way, what's your NaNo name? I might have to be your friend on there... Mine is the same as it is here. :)
Post a Comment