Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Growing Up

I'm fifteen now. Earning money for a car, applying for college scholarships, taking on jobs, pondering what on earth I'm going to do with myself, getting more mature as I deal with things, accepting responsibility...those just scratch the surface in a long list of changes in my life as I grow.

Those are all pretty important, even life-changing things. You'd think those would be the ones I notice the most.

But do you know the number one thing that tells me I'm growing up?

My parents let me stay up later.

So, you thought this might be a deep, profound post? Yeah, right. You've been with me long enough to know almost everything ends in something strange/silly/random.

But it's really true. Lately, I've noticed that my mom and dad don't get after me as much about staying up late. Bedtime used to be at officially 9 PM, and until recently that was pretty enforced (except for certain occasions, like really exciting baseball games). And for the rest of my siblings, not much has changed in that department.

My parents never said, "Okay, Izori, because you're fifteen you get to stay up later." It just kind of happened that they began to give me more choice as to when I go to sleep.

*sniff* It's a sign of growing up.

Hugs & Blessings,

Izori

P.S. Could you guys pray for me? Today I'm babysitting from mid-morning to almost evening, and I'm a bit nervous. Both of the kids I'm watching are really sweet, but I haven't babysat for that long of a time. As a matter of fact, this is my second time actually babysitting. All those other times have been watching my siblings or watching someone who I know well enough to be a sibling (and those don't count).

Plus, I've had some choices I've had to make--earning more money and accepting more responsibility vs. keeping my schedule available and keeping previous commitments.

If you could pray that nothing will go wrong today and that I'll be able to make decisions with wisdom, that would be awesome. Thanks!

1 comment:

Sierra said...

Our family goes to bed at 9 too! I have been allowed to stay up later for a couple of years now.
I will definitely pray for you today.