Sunday, October 9, 2011

Define A Good Day

Different people mean different things when they say, "I've had a good day". Sometimes they mean that they got a lot done. Or they made a new friend. Or they felt happy. Or they had a really fun time.

I guess today was a really good day, but not by any of the definitions above.

I went to church.

The funny thing about your church family is that you're often drawn together by a sad event--a tragic loss, in this case--that effects you all. That's when you really know that you have a unifying bond in Christ: when something happens you all turn to Him together.

So that's what I mean when I say that today was a good day. A couple people were called home to Jesus, and the rest of us who remain behind are faced with really mixed feelings. Like, sadness at the loss but joy because they don't have to experience any more of this paradoxical, mixed-up world. Or like crying in a pew but not feeling embarrassed because practically half of the congregation is doing the same thing.

For me, a good day is when I feel a little closer to God.

Izori

No comments: