Monday, May 3, 2010

2nd Amendment

Is this just a rumor? I heard that some politician doesn't believe that the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution gives people the right to bear arms.

Excuse me for a moment. I hope I don't offend anyone, but...

How could this be interpreted to get to that conclusion?

2nd Amendment:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Now, unless this part is talking about 'arms', as in the limbs attached to your torso, I think it's pretty clear.

Does anyone agree/disagree?

Izori

5 comments:

iGirl said...

I agree with you izori!

Melian said...

I do most heartily. My family does not own guns, but I know that this will affect a great many of my friends.

These are sad days.

--Melian

Sierra said...

I think it states it pretty clearly, I don't know where they got that?!

I agree with you 100%

Sierra
feminismtofaithfulness.blogspot.com

His Handmaidens said...

I agree as well

Keykeeper said...

Absolutely!