Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Prayer Request

Ugh. I am absolutely miserable. My stomach started hurting yesterday (Tuesday) night, and it progressed until I threw up at about 11:00 PM. I threw up at about 3 AM after that, and I still feel pretty bad. Please pray that I feel better, especially because tomorrow's my 14th birthday and I really don't want to be sick then. If you could also pray that I won't get grumpy and take it out on my family, that would be super awesome.

You know, watching a cooking show didn't really help. We were watching the Nationals lose to the Cardinals (that was kinda funny when Niger Morgan lost his glove, even though it cost us two runs =) and our go-to channel was, as usual, Food Network. Usually I really like watching stuff such as Iron Chef, Ace of Cakes (it's hilarious, although sometimes it can get kind of weird), although I honestly think that Unwrapped is boring. But anyway, Chefs vs. City was on, with the two main chefs facing Duff and Geoff from Ace of Cakes. I was rooting for Duff and Geoff =)

Well, in this episode of Chefs vs. City, they had to go cook an ostrich egg sunny side up, and then they had to eat a whole, hard-boiled ostrich egg. That's equal to 24 chicken eggs. It was disgusting, and it completely ruined my appetite and caused my stomach to feel even worse. =(

You know, actually I do feel a bit better then last night. I've taken ginger, which I think helped. And when I usually get stomach bugs they only last half a day or so. I think this one's starting to go away.

Unfortunately, this means I'll be missing soccer. At least it wasn't a game day or something. And I also don't have to do schoolwork! Lol.

This is nothing compared to about five years ago, though. It was Sunday, the day when our family was going to become members of our church. During Sunday School, I started to feel really nauseous. And then, right in the middle of a hymn, I threw up. All over my poor mom. Erestor basically scooted over to the next pew. =) But I was completely miserable.

And then I got the flu when I was 3. Oh man. That was...horrible *shudders*. I still vividly remember throwing up into my tomato soup.

Not to mention the 3 day stomach bug Mom, Erestor, and I caught once. That actually wasn't too bad.

Well, I should probably get off the computer now. Sorry if I ruined everyone's appetites! lol.

Izori

6 comments:

Apprentice Seamstress said...

Just finished praying my dear.

xoxo
Milisande

Anonymous said...

oh dear! glad it isn't too bad, but i'll be praying!!!

ps: i love the Food Network too..... :D

Catherine Morland said...

Ugh, praying Izori. I was sick all day yesterday as well, but I'm fine now. Happy (early) birthday! I'll call you tomorrow.

Izori said...

Thank you for your prayers, everyone!

Food Network rocks! Lol.

Catherine, you were sick too? That's so odd! So were two of my friends from soccer, as mom tells me. It's like an epidemic or something. =)

iGirl said...

Uh-oh, praying!

Saxon said...

Hope you get better soon
Saxon