In case you haven't noticed, I've been having a huge case of writers block. This has been very frequent of late, and at first I had absolutely no clue as to why I was catching it so often.
I think I have the reason now. It's technology.
You see, I am much more of an ink-and-paper writer than a glowing-screen person. I'm still trying to figure out exactly why, but there's something about a computer that de-inspires me.
I used to do all of my book-writing in notebooks with a pen. However, that changed when I first participated in NaNoWriMo, because it's just so much easier if you type your story for word-count purposes. And then, to lead me further away from good ol' paper, my laptop came.
I love my laptop. It's so convenient, and for many things it makes my life so much easier. Thus, I began to write every single story on it, and I hardly ever used a notebook.
That was also when my writers block began to really plague me. Why? I have some theories.
1. Too many distractions, like the internet.
2. Too many excuses, like not feeling like turning on my laptop.
3. Too many glowing screens, sapping my energy like parasites, lulling me into a hypnotic trance---okay, I'll stop.
Anyway, whatever it was I noticed a definite connection with the above and my writers block. So that means...
I've returned to good, old-fashioned paper and ink. There's something about the solidness of the words going down, as opposed to the instantly-deletable symbols on a screen.
What do you guys like to write on?
Hugs & Blessings,
Izori
3 comments:
:) Hey Izori!
I totally understand about writers block :( I haven't worked on a single story idea since December '10!!!! :( It's quite pitiful, but yeah :P I have found that my ideas flow a bit better on paper...just so far they aren't coming very smoothly. I hope your block gets smashed away! Prayin' for ya! :D
Squeaks.
I write on both paper and the computer, though I find it harder to write on a laptop...I must swipe my wrist across the mouse pad or there's a button I press or something. But next thing I know I'm writing halfway up the paragraph I was finishing. :-)
I think I prefer computers, though they don't look as pretty as notebooks!
Post a Comment