Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012...gee whiz.

You're going to read a gazillion and two posts on various blogs that show complete amazement at another year going by, so I'm not going to be repetitive. Let me just say, though, that it's like I'm climbing a cliff and I've reached a new ledge. I look down at the distance between the last ledge and this one and I see all the rocks, the handholds, the slips, the dust, etc.

This last year was pretty cool. I don't think any year is going to be absolutely perfect or ideal or stunning, but I've gotta say that it was pretty cool. Let's review.

In no particular order:

1. I turned fifteen.
2. I got my learner's permit (beating two older friends and hard on the heels of another...because that's what matters *sarcastically*)
3. I started my sophomore year of high school.
4. I took the practice pSATs.
5. I went to a Communicators for Christ Conference (highlight of the year!)
6. It's been two years (ohmygoodnesstwo?) since all the chemo/radiation that Dad went through.
7. I became an official student leader in my public speaking chapter (coolness, y'all)
8. Our turtle, Tintin, turned one!

And I'm sure there are other small things on the way.

I can't possibly imagine what this year will hold. And honestly, I really can't wait!

I am more reluctant to get back to school, however. *sigh*. It's going to be tough. *prolonged groan*.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2011 did go by fast, but I'm very excited for the new year!! Happy Birthday Tintin! :P

Happy New Year!

Tirzah