I am in the habit of making check-lists for myself. I write down every single thing I need to get done that day, putting a box before each item, and then I do them.
Correction: I try to do them.
I honestly wish you guys could see my checklists. They are loooong. Someday, when I have less things on my checklist (ha-ha), I'll take a picture and share it with you. Usually, I'll have ten or fifteen things that need to get done, and these aren't ten or fifteen measly little five-minute tasks. These are ten or fifteen 'read half of 1 Kings and one third of Proverbs makes up one single item'' things.
It's a huge stretch for me to get them all done. And I'm not procrastinating (I say as I type on blogger). The only takes I break [I mean breaks I take--seriously, I did not do that on purpose and now I am laughing hysterically as I read it over] are for the sake of my sanity (what's left) and my concentration (what concentration?). Everything else is work-work-work, from one mega task to the next, until it's late at night and it's time for me to construct the checklist for next day.
Actually, I suppose I have it easy. My next door neighbor is my age, my grade, but goes to public school. Evidently, she has ten hours of homework each day. I did a double-take when I first heard it, because that means if she gets home from school at 2:00 and hits the books right away she'll be done at midnight. Yikes. Okay, maybe my checklist ain't so bad.
5 comments:
Except that I don't actually write out checklists, that sounds like my life. I am so glad I'm homeschooled. A lot of days, I have ten hours of homework, but since I get started at 7 am I'm at least not up til midnight trying to finish it. :P
Ooh I love checklists too! It's so refreshing to put a nice big check in an empty box. :P
Good job on your lists!
God bless~
Tirzah
I love writing checklists, but they normally take up more time to write that it would to actually get the stuff done. xD
Kendra
ismikendra.org
I LOVE checklists! I make them too. For me it's more for memory purposes than satisfaction though. I have a brain like a colander XD If I don't write it down, I get in bed the next night and think, "Aw, dang it! I didn't do that today either..."
Then it gets put on tomorrow's list and theoretically I remember to do it XD
Oh wow. Ten hours of homework is boarder-line obscene. I'd be a wreck if it were me.
~Stephanie
I tagged you on my blog. http://meandthelion.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment