Church...football...sleeping in reasonably late...friends...waffles (for dinner, which will hopefully be soon)...um...quiet?
As I'm typing, every few seconds I look over my shoulder at Tintin, the extremely brilliant family turtle whose stupidity is unbounded. But hey, he's cute. Cute people get away with just about anything.
So, as I'm alternately watching Tintin and the computer screen, I'm trying to see if there's anything worth reading that went on today.
Of course there's church. Excellent sermon (as usual!) on being uncompromising and united on the Gospel, lunch afterward with some really yummy desserts...
Oh, there's something interesting. Food! So, when it comes to lunch at church, usually all the young folks pick their friends and they all claim one table. No different today. There's usually an older-teen table, a young lady's table (where I was at, of course), a girl's table, and a boy's table. Of course, it's nothing official. It's just where the different groups of friends sit. And so I was at the young lady's table, and we were right next to the boy's table. Incredibly boisterous lot right behind our backs. So our pleasant, lady-like conversation is interrupted every few seconds by 'HAH!' or 'GIVE THAT BACK!' or 'TAKE THAT!' or 'OUCH!', and then cackles of laughter.
So that's how lunch went. I hope your Sunday was just as pleasant.
1 comment:
LOL! That sounds just like our Sunday lunches too. We have pretty have a 9-13 year old boy table, a 9-13 year old girl table, and then a 14+ girls and boys table mixed with the students. And you happen to be anywhere *NEAR* the 9-13 boys table...you're in for an interesting meal :D
Post a Comment