I just finished this story, and it was really awesome. It's the second book in the Rangers Apprentice Series. I stayed up until 11 PM to finish it last night. (Actually I read all but the last few chapters until I had to go to sleep)
"The Burning Bridge" by John Flanagan
(Book 2 of the Ranger's Apprentice Series)
When Will and Halt, two Rangers, find the plans of Lord Morgarath to conquer their country, they know that King Duncan must know about this. So Will, Halt's former apprentice Gilan, and Will's friend Horace set off for Celtica to warn the King. But while they are traveling through, they make the unsettling discovery that the Celtic villages are deserted, their inhabitants either slain or captured. And a strange girl that they found, named Evanlyn, confirms the suspicion that Morgarath's Wargals are the cause of the disappearances.
Running short on time, Gilan decides to press on alone to King Duncan and deliver the plans, leaving Will, Horace, and Evanlyn to follow behind. But then the three discover that the plans Gilan is carrying are false, and Morgarath was only baiting them to cover up his true plans. If the lord suceeds, the kingdom will fall.
The good (great) things about this book is that it's really suspensful (especially when you leave off in the middle of the night) and that it has a lot of action and swordfights. A whole lot of swordfights. The only bad things about it is that there's a few instances when a character takes the Lord's name in vain, but other than that, the book was really cool. I think it's my favorite so far.
Izori
1 comment:
I thought this was okay...I probably should reread it since I raced through it for school. (I got really behind, and had to read a lot of it in one day.) I didn't really find it scary though.
Post a Comment