Thursday, April 30, 2009

Book Review: The Fellowship of the Ring

I would have read it earlier, but I couldn't find it and I knew we had a copy of it. But now since I dug it out of my parents bookshelf, I can do a review! :D

"The Fellowship of the Ring" by J.R.R Tolkien
(The 1st book of the Lord of the Rings)

On his 111 birthday Bilbo Baggins, the wealthy owner of Bag's End, suddenly disappears, leaving his cousin and heir, Frodo Baggins, with his possessions, including a Ring. Frodo knows almost nothing about the Ring until Gandalf, the wandering wizard who was a good friend of Bilbo's, shows up and tells him about it's strange history. He also tells Frodo that the Ring is very dangerous, and must be destroyed before evil hands get ahold of it. So Frodo and three of his friends--Pippin, Sam, and Merry, set out to the Land of Mordor so they can destroy the Ring. But the mysterious dark-cloaked riders following them don't look like they're simply wandering around their path by accident...

If you ever try reading (or thinking about) parts of this book when it's dark out, there's wind outside, and your door is open just wide enough for it to cast really creepy shadows, you will have a hard time sleeping. But I absolutely love reading scary books. I highly suggest 'The Fellowship of the Rings'.

Izori

1 comment:

Catherine Morland said...

I thought this was okay...I probably should reread it since I raced through it for school. (I got really behind, and had to read a lot of it in one day.) I didn't really find it scary though.