Yes, I know I've been doing a lot of book reviews lately and not that many chapters of the OSOC (My abbreviation for "The Other Side of the Creek), but I just had an awesome trip to the library--got six books out--so I've been reading...a lot. Anyway, I will put an end to my ramblings...
"The Icebound Land" by John Flanagan
Book 3 of the Ranger's Apprentice Series
When Will and Evanlyn are taken captive by the fierce sea-raider, or Skandians, they have nothing to look forward to but a life of slavery. Halt, meanwhile swore to rescue his apprentice and is willing to even defy his long friend King Duncan to save him. On his quest to bring Will back, Halt is joined by Horace, a friend of Will's who knows a lot about fighting. Soon Horace's skills are getting the attention of knights and warlords all around...including one that they would be better off not being noticed by.
Will and Evanlyn are having their own problems up in Skandia. Things are not going well, and they are now both living the terrible life of a slave. But a friendly sea-raider's sympathy might offer them a chance to escape.
This was a really neat book (all of the Ranger's Apprentice Series are). It had a lot of fights and adventure, and Halt was willing to give up his rights as a Ranger to rescue Will and Evanlyn. The only bad things are that some people take God's name in vain, and there's one gross part (for all you squeamish readers out there; it didn't bother me particularly) But other than those, it's a great book.
Izori
No comments:
Post a Comment