Saturday, April 18, 2009

What I do while I'm writing

I like listening to music while I'm writing, but as long as it's the right kind. If I'm writing a swordfight for example, I like listening to fast, a little scary music. If I'm writing about the good guy (or girl) meeting the bad guy (or girl...) I listen to really creepy, scary, evil music. Like I have a DVD that has the sound-track of Prince of Egypt (the Disney movie), and I like listening to 'Playing with the Big Boys' while I'm thinking up my scary scenes.

I usually don't listen to music with words though while I'm writing except in some cases. I find if I do that I either start writing what I'm hearing, or I start paying more attention to the music (always a disaster:-)

Izori

3 comments:

Catherine WhiteRose ~*~ said...

So! Is listening to great music the secret of your great writing? (Just kidding! You have natural talent!) I should try listening to music while writing some time.....

Andrea said...

hey AnneMarie
you should try listening to yanni he's a composer and he writes cool song and not many have words i'll bring one to coop.

Izori said...

Okay.

Izori