Monday, March 8, 2010

50 Things About Me

So...the second day of the celebration-thingy. I'm wondering if posting every day for a week will be kind of intense! :)

1. My middle initial is B.

2. I wasn't born in a state.

3. I do three instruments--voice (unofficially), piano, and Irish Tinwhistle

4. I have super-bendy ankles.

5. Speaking of ankles, I sprain them all the time. Playing soccer, going down the stairs...

6. This was not the first blog I started.

7. I have very faint freckles.

8. My hair is black at the roots, and light/medium brown at the tips.

9. Actually, three friends and Erestor say that my hair has a purple undertone. :)

10. I used to be obsessed with the Laura Ingalls Series.

11. I still think that 'Ingalls' is fun to say.

12. Once, I ate an unwashed peach. You know how pollen sticks to the peach fuzz? Well, I got hives from it.

13. My birthday is coming up!

14. I'm the oldest kid in the house. :(

15. My favorite colors are green, silver, blue, brown...basically all of them.

16. My birthstone is an emerald.

17. My Chinese year is...well, a rat. I would have preferred dragon.

18. I think that 50 things is a lot. I'm only on 18.

19. I have played the piano for about eight years.

20. I have had three piano teachers.

21. I had one of those piano teachers for maybe two or three months.

22. I am a 'fall person', meaning I look my best in fall colors.

23. I used to be able to do the splits.

24. My fingernails are now chipped silver.

25. I started another journal exactly a week ago.

26. I actually post on four blogs. I share two.

27. I love photography, but I'm basically learning by trial and error.

28. I actually used to take pictures 'blind' because my screen was broken. Some turned out really good, others...not.

29. One of my friends is 1/4 inches taller than me. :( She's a lot younger, too.

30. Only one of my first cousins is a blood-relative to me.

31. I used to be able to speak Russian pretty well.

32. Now, however, all I know is 'niet' and 'spasiba'. (that's not how 'spasiba' is spelled, but I'm just spelling it the way it's pronounced). If you didn't know, that means 'no' and 'thank you'.

33. Oh, and I also know how to say 'brush your teeth', 'good night', and 'watermelon' in Russian.

34. I speak pretty fast sometimes.

35. The initials of the ends of my names are E. N. N.

36. I like to swim in our creek. Everyone looks at me like I'm crazy when I say that.

37. I consider myself 'eccentric'.

38. I don't like my middle name.

39. Oh, and did you know that my parents were going to name me Moses if I was a boy?

40. They were going to name me Catherine, but a nurse interfered. Why did mom have to ask her opinion?

41. I am a short-distance runner. I'm pretty fast, but I can hardly run a mile.

42. I have had a HUGE splinter lodged into my palm once, and I basically had to perform surgery on it right there in my friend's backyard with a stick and my teeth.

43. I would love to name my first daughter Colleen.

44. Only six more to go...I have been in at least four life-threatening experiences.

45. When we go to the beach, I can always be found in the water. Even in January.

46. I am very un-politically correct.

47. My hair is more than half-way down my back.

48. Okay, obvious one here--I LOOOOOOOVE Lord of the Rings.

49. Oh, and I can't decide between Haldir and Aragorn. True, Aragorn needs to bathe, but Frodo didn't really, either. But they both (or all three) rock.

50. I have very noisy siblings! I can't hear myself think!

And that was 50! Did we all survive? YES! Are we all asleep? YES! Are you all with me? NO!

Izori

No comments: