Saturday, March 13, 2010

Writer's Daybook and a monologue on comments

My goodness, this week was hectic! Teaching for the first time, posting SOOO many times, schoolwork, trying to get outside and enjoy the lovely weather before it vanished into today...today was supposed to be the day when I posted the story about a dignified dragon, a prince who thinks he's a kangaroo, a crazy sea captain, and a modern girl. However, I'm nowhere near done with it and it's turning out to be rather long. For some odd reason I can't write short stories anymore! It's really frustrating. So I might post it next week or next month.

Okay! The blog anniversary thingy is over now! Y'all can come out from where you've been hiding at! However, the Caption Contest and the Quiz don't end until the 16th (you can find both of those on my archive on my sidebar. I can't link because Blogger is acting up). I've had only one entry for both of them...combined.

Which leads me to my wee monologue.

Have I told you guys how much I LOOOOOOVE comments? Yeah, I probably have. However, I've been getting a comment-drought here (except for a few faithful friends :) . Maybe it's because I've been driving everyone away with the posts every single day for a week (lol). But I know I've been getting a decent amount of visitors from four different countries. And comments make my day. Seriously. They really do.

And the Writer's Daybook thingy...

I'm going to make this interesting. I'll have one of my favorite male characters from my book answer these questions.

*drumroll please*...Maethar!

Maethar: *from the writing room* What? Aw, come on! I was trying to sleep in!

Izori: *disappears into writing room, comes out hauling Maethar by the back of the shirt*. That's too bad, dude. *plops him into computer chair* Now TYPE!!

Maethar: What?!

Izori: TYPE!! ANSWER THE QUESTIONS!! Ahem. You have two minutes.

Maethar: Help. Please.

Oh, fine. This is me, Maethar. It's very nice to meet you all...*cough* not really *cough*.

Izori: AHEM!! Maethar, don't be rude to my blogging buddies. Or that's thirty seconds off of your two minutes. Which are going away pretty quickly.


What time is it...10:12 AM

I'm feeling...annoyed. And hauling me here by the back of my shirt kind of hurt.

Outside is...rain. Rain is...wet. Yuck. Can you sense my enthusiasm?

Today I...got hauled here by the back of my shirt. Which hurt. But maybe Izori's going to finally write me into her story again, which could make up for it. Maybe.

I am hearing...Izori's watch ticking.

I am hoping...THAT I FINISH THIS UNDER TWO MINUTES!!!!! AAAAAAHHHH!

I'm looking forward to...being done with this all.

I am glad that...my death will be short if I take too long.

What I'm currently working on writing-wise...saving my neck.

What I just finished reading...uh, I can't read.

What I'm hoping to read...I can't read.

Writing buddy who I talked to last...Izori talked to igirl recentlyl.

Writing tip of the week...Izori, what's a writing tip? Oh...don't treat your characters badly. As in haul them around by their shirts. They might mutiny.

Number of words I wrote this week...none.

What time is it...10:17

Izori: *gasp* You took five minutes! FIVE MINUTES!!! You slowpoke!

Maethar: *gasp* Help!

Izori here again...do you see what I have to put up with? Lol.

Izori




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! that was awesome! I should do that sometime! (except for the small fact that i'm not allowed to ave a blog, but oh well.

Katherine S. Cole said...

:) That was enjoyable. :) I like your background, btw!

iGirl said...

To: Maethar,
You poor dude, everything is annoying when your a character in a book. Ask my character Lyssi,she's been put in jail, sucked into a dream, neglected and had to put on a impromptu musical number.

To: Izori,
Be nicer to your characters, and teach them how to read. (PLEASE?)

I got a shout out from a character!