It's kind of interesting to read an author's books after you've read their biography. If you look hard enough, you can see little pieces of their lives written into their work, and it adds so much more insight.
Take 'The Magician's Nephew' by C.S. Lewis for example. Digory's mother is very sick, and there doesn't seem to be much hope for her until (WARNING: SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T READ 'TMN' YET--WHO HASN'T?) Digory brings her a magic apple. (END OF SPOILER) C.S. Lewis' mother died of cancer when he was at a fairly young age. Could he have written that wishing that he could have been in Digory's situation?
Just a little thought that I had--tell me what y'all think!
Izori
1 comment:
It definitely sounds possible. I know when I write people and places I know tend to show up in the ones I write. That's kind of cool actually. I never knew that about him :)
Post a Comment