Friday, April 30, 2010

Yesterday

Well...Thursday was eventful...

A ballerina and I began rehearsing for our performance in May. It was fun, but I was a little nervous and not quite prepared. You see, I'm the kind of person who has to know the exact surroundings that they'll be in to be comfortable. I don't know why--I'm unique that way. So I was picturing that us and our teachers were going to meet in the ballet room, and then we were going to practice a little (I had never met her before). Well...I didn't expect playing in front of the whole ballet class!

Also, I had practiced the Sonatina very fast for the Sonatina Festival that will be coming up soon. However, Olive (which is what I'll call the ballerina, after one of my book characters) can't dance that fast. So I had to slow it WAAAAAAAAY down.

Don't get me wrong. I had a ton of fun, and I actually caught myself playing the Sonatina in my sleep (I'm not kidding, people. I was half asleep when I heard a drumming on my bed. I didn't realize that it was my fingers doing a run until a few minutes had passed). Also, Olive is exactly three days younger than me! And there's another girl who is 1 day older than me, and she looks like Erestor's age!

That was from 7 to 8 PM. Then, because our family only has one car, Mom, Luthien, Galdor, and I had to run and pick up Erestor and Dad from baseball practice. It was getting dark, and we were running out of gas.

To cut a long story short, we had an...eventful...stop for gas with 2 miles left in our tank. The attendant made Galdor throw up. Not on purpose, of course...he was just laughing too hard. And then we picked Erestor and Dad up way after dark.

But anyway...such is life.

Izori

No comments: