Yesterday we (Mom, Erestor, Luthien, and I) biked all the way up to Chick-fil-A. All the way up along a busy road with the sun pouring down on us. No shade. Sweating all over the place. My arms are now salmon pink. The perfect summer memory!
What do you associate with summer? Languid. Hazy. Golden. Freedom. Fireflies. Watermelon. Laughter. Sweat. Misty mornings. Fresh sunrises and glorious sunsets. Stars. Swimming. Lemonade. Wind. The creek. Friends. Walks in the evenings. Peaches. Brown, parched yards. The Farmer's Market. Picnics. Fireworks. Blackberries. Blueberries. Frozen treats. Pickle ice cream. Boating. Fishing. Grilling. Cold showers. Family.
And then you snap your finger, and it's all gone.
What have y'all been doing for your summer? Have you smiled at someone who needed it? Made a new friend? Gone on a mission trip? Gotten to know God better? Composed a song? Did something for someone else? Improved your swimming? Taught someone something? Gotten in shape?
I've found a new favorite Bible verse:
The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you. Romans 16:20
Don't you love it? It's so punchy, and I love the paradox. Our God is a God of peace, but woe betide anyone who hurts his children!
I've also found a new favorite boys name. Shaun. It means 'God's Grace'.
Today, we're going blackberry picking with a friend's family.
I hope y'all are having a memorable summer! Enjoy what's left of it, and spend it in a way you won't regret when it's all over.
Hugs & Blessings,
Izori
3 comments:
hey Izori,
I have seen you in many,many moods, but I believe this one is one I have never ever seen. But it suits you nicely. Well written
I have actually uncovered a new talent- arranging and composing music! It's been a good summer so far- I'm planning to live the last month or so to the fullest.
BTW....did you say PICKLE ice cream?
Cornet Crazie: Yeah, I said pickle ice cream. =) It's one of my newest experiments, and people can actually see it becoming popular.
Thank you, igirl!
Post a Comment