Have you ever thought about the value of a minute?
Seriously. How much would you give for a minute? A dollar? A hundred dollars? Maybe a minute you would like to recycle? One of those times where, if you knew that later would be so rushed, you would have made use of precious seconds?
It's very important to consider if we're using our time wisely. We will never get it back. It will never be July 2010 again. Ever. Nor will I ever be 14 years old again. There will be opportunities that will never return, a chance to forgive someone or apologize that you'll never get again. In a span of 60 seconds, people will die. People will be born. People will find out something that will change their life--for better or for worse. One split decision can impact a life.
Are you using your time wisely?
I think time is the temptation of summer. Summers the universally accepted time to loiter around the house, just doing nothing. Maybe you do want to do something that will make a difference, but you figure you have three months to get your rear in to gear, so you never get around to it. Then flash, it's over.
Remember, there may never be a later. Accidents happen all the time. Not to make you paranoid or anything, but you never know if this is your last second in this life.
How will people remember you? As someone who encouraged and helped people, and valued others above their own lazy-time? Or someone who loafed around being a couch-potato?
Right now, I've been reading my Bible a lot and contemplating stuff in my life. I've hashed out my thoughts on abortion, illegal immigration, Harry Potter, global warming, the two meanings of peace, gun control, and a bunch of other stuff. That's why a lot of my posts have been kinda unlike myself.
Okay. Deep moment has passed. Did you guys know I'm making Christmas presents in July? I have one set of grandparents covered, as well as my mom. I know what I'm getting Erestor, and I'm in the middle of making Luthien something. On Galdor, however, I'm stumped. Anyone have any ideas what to give a rambunctious two year old boy?
Hugs & Blessings,
Izori
4 comments:
Something loud and noisy, he would like that I think, if you could take all the noise.
What about a little car?
Love,
Vellvin.
Im having a giveaway to enter go to www.rejoiceinhisword.blogspot.com
This post really made me think! I am not kidding either, but I sat here and thought, "Oh my goodness, this is my last month of being 14...I am starting high school soon, getting my permit, and practically and adult!" It's sometimes scary how time flies, but we need to remember that God has a purpose for us and that all of our fears are in His almighty hands!
Blessings,
Maggie
www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com
Post a Comment