Friday, May 20, 2011

Today...

...is the birthday of someone I am particularly close to.

No one is entirely sure of what time she was born. "Sometime between lunch and dinner," her dad says. (good grief--he can remember the number, cost, and kind of pizza that he ordered to celebrate, but he can't remember when his eldest daughter was born).

Eyewitnesses later recounted that she was born with one arm paralyzed. Her grandma remembers being careful not to bump the gazillion tubes sticking into her granddaughters arm when she held her for the first time.

She has spent the majority of her life on the thin line between country and suburb, and she thinks she likes the country better.

She's not particularly gifted, not particularly beautiful, and not always particularly nice, but she's a daughter of God and so she's a princess.

Over two years ago, she started this blog.

Happy 15th Birthday to...

...me.

=)

Hugs & Blessings,

Izori

P.S. So, apparently the world's supposed to end tomorrow. To be frank, I really take the Bible seriously when it says that no one knows when Jesus will come back. That's why we always have to be ready, because we'll never know until He's here. Maybe it will end Saturday, maybe it won't. Whatever happens, it'll be because God willed it and not because we predicted it. But I must say, if it does, then it'll be perfect timing! I always wanted to at least make it to 15! =)

7 comments:

Mackenzie A. Lockhart said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IZORI!!!! :D :D :D

Signed with a lot of carbonated fuzzies and streamers,

Squeaks.

Vellvin said...

Happy Birthday Izori!!!!!

[Lauren] said...

Oh my gosh our birthdays are only a day apart! that's so cool! Happy Bday!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Izori! What a neat testimony you have to share!

And you are *very* beautiful because you are made in God's image :D

Birthday blessings,

jo

Sally said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I turned 15 in February.....being 15 is pretty awesome :)

Autumn said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! I have a gift for you, CYBER HUGS!!!!!!! Here they are... ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()(()()()()()(()()()(()()()(()()()()()()()()(()()(()()(()()()(()()()(()()(()()()(()()()(()()( And there aremany more where those came from. I love your blog Izori. You are a beautiful sister in Christ and I'm proud to know you in the wide world of Cyber Space.
God Bless you and may this new year of yours be a wonderful adventure for you.
~
Autumn

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Izori! Well, of course no one knows when Jesus will come back -- he didn't come on Saturday anyways. He *will* come someday, though!