Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Book Review: Isle of Swords

Once again, I'm just going to copy off the back of the book.

Isle of Swords
By Wayne Thomas Batson

'Captain Declan Ross searches for riches that will free him and his headstrong daughter Anne from the piracy buisness forever...

Captain Bartholomew Thorne, an infamously ruthless pirate, seeks to destroy any who stand in the way of finding the monks' treasure--especially Captain Ross...

A young lad of about sixteen awakens on an island, alone and brutally injured, with no memory of who he is. Could the rare diamond he clutches be part of the treasure?'

I really, really, really, liked it. Anne learns not to be so rebellious, and it has Christianity in it. Well, more like Catholicism, (I'm not Catholic) but at least it wasn't...atheism. It was really exciting, with volcanoes, buried treasure, sea-monsters, and pirates.

I don't think there were any negatives. So it was an awesome book. Definately read it.

Izori

2 comments:

Catherine Morland said...

Sounds cool! I've got a couple of books by him on my list. How's it Catholic?

Izori said...

Well, they had priests and monks, for example, and there were relics.