Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Homemade Notebooks

I use these for when I have an idea for a story that sounds rather good, but one that isn't good enough to take up a notebook with. Homemade notebooks don't have as many pages as store-bought ones, but they're really good for rough first-drafts.

You will need:

1 file folder-color of your choice
several pages of paper, maybe...20, or however much you think you can staple through.
a staple machine (with staples inside--unlike my first try)

Put the pages of paper inside the file folder, getting it adjusted how you want. Then close the folder, and staple the spine securely. Very securely--maybe 8 or so times--and make sure to staple through the pages of paper.

And there you have it. The homemade notebook.

If you have one like mine, it'll have the tab on it, so you can label it for easy sorting methods. You can also decorate the front, too. I did this for my sci-fi book.

Izori

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I have never thought of doing that!! Graet idea! I always end up starting a story then deeming it no good and ending up with tearing pages out of my notebooks! I'll keep this in mind next time!!

Melian

Izori said...

I do that all the time, too!

Catherine Morland said...

I do that so much! That's a really helpful idea! :)