Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Caption Contest, and a prayer request

Well...the long awaited day has finally arrived! Happy 1st Blog Anniversary to me! Er, to the blog. Whatever.

Here are your pictures:

#1.

http://thecia.com.au/reviews/l/images/lord-of-the-rings-1-3.jpg

#2.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgdOzFx0gb4kioSK5bMbSymj_mYN1qsFvXvCXHW-kAkn-47hDA9CmyX4H2vfYnQxE13MBB6A-z2YE7n3WGZ9d4uvKr6HwmzC-wYOT0Ial3tYJJSowHR8abIvYatfl6IZ88fjAeGkd_gZnY/s400/LordofRings_Trees.jpg

#3

http://poietes.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/miracle-max-and-valerie-the-princess-bride.jpg

#4

http://img.listal.com/image/105227/500full-the-chronicles-of-narnia:-the-lion,-the-witch-and-the-wardrobe-photo.jpg

#5

http://nancyimperiale.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/snow-white-and-the-seven-dwarfs-3.jpg



Okay. Now here are your guidelines:

#1. Contest ends on March 16, 2010 at...well, 11:59 ET.

#2. Number your captions according to the picture it's supposed to go to, please. Otherwise I won't be able to tell what it's for. I could in some cases make an educated guess, but it's not guaranteed that I'll guess correctly.

#3. There are no prizes other than the satisfaction that you've won the caption contest.

#4. Out of all the captions, I will choose one overall winner.
And rules:

#1. PLEASE no swearing, taking the Lord's name in vain, cussing, or uh...interesting...captions. Basically, nothing that you wouldn't say in a church. I will delete any caption that I think violates this.

#2. Good sportsmanship is also a must.

#3. And it'd be really cool if you tried to use good punctuation/spelling/capitalization. Not necessary, but really cool.

Thanks! I'm very interested in what people have for #5!

And now for my prayer request...

I'm starting to teach piano on Tuesday. My student is someone who I've known for nearly all of their life, and who I'm pretty good friends with. As in, we goof off together all the time. Could you pray that everything goes all right? My main concern is that I won't be able to make the transition from fellow goof to piano teacher and back, and if it would change anything in our 'goofing' relationship. Thank you so much!


Izori

P.S. These pictures were taken from 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarves', 'Lord of the Rings', 'The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe', and 'The Princess Bride'.

10 comments:

iGirl said...

Okay I'll do this , But today (my B-day) is use proper grammar day, I will rebel!

1# Frodo: I think we're on the wrong movie set, let's get out of here!

2# Tree: Hey, could someone scratch my nose for me?

3# Magic Max: I'm starting to be really sorry I married you!

Valerie: Don't worry, I felt that way since we walked down the isle!

4# Peter: Do you see an amusement park off in the distance?

Edmund: No, but I'm gonna be really stiff once I get off this horse!

5# All: Hi ho Hi Ho It's off to work we go!

Dopey (thinks): I hate singing that stupid song, well at least once we get back I can read Evening Stars, at least someone take me seriously *Clears throat* MR. WALT DISNEY!

Eldarwen said...

Happy anniversary, Evening Stars!!! =D

I'm praying! :)

{hugs}
Love your friend,
Eldarwen

Anonymous said...

me again
#1 - Sam - Frodo, a sword will not kill your fear of heights. *jeez*
#2 - Treebeard - Do you have a pair of sunglasses on you by any chance?
#3 - old guy (I can't remember his name) - Do I know you?
#4 - Edmund (under his breath) - Yeah, like he's going to make a great high king. He can't even sit up straight!
#5 - tree - Oh no... GET THEM OFF!!!

yeah, I know. They're kind of lame.

Melody said...

This looks like fun! :)

#1. Frodo: Wait, how do you use this thing? (the sword)
Pippin (or is it Merry?): Is it time for lunch yet? Or perhaps afternoon tea?

#2. Treebeard: All this bark is really weighing me down.

#4. Peter: (thinking) We actually have to gallop on these horses?

#5: All: Hi ho, hi ho, it's home from work we go.
Grumpy: (thinking) If only we didn't have to walk in a line, I'd get there much faster!

Vellvin said...

Ok Izori here it goes!
#1?
#2?
#3?
#4 "Do you like my hear? "What did you do to it?!!
#5 Peter "What are they doing?!? Edmund "I don't know but it look s fun!"
#5"Grumpy "Hurry up it's not like we've got all day!!!!!"
Vellvin.
Did I mention I've tagged you for the sisters in faith award chek it out on my blog:http://anirishmaideninaust.blogspot.com/2010/03/sisters-in-faith-award.html

Vellvin said...

Oh dear it seems as if I have on one of my captions that I've done hear instead of hair! Any way you could change that?
Vellvin.

Izori said...

Thank you, everyone, for your wonderful captions!

Vellvin: Alas, I don't know if there's a way to change comment. It's either accept or reject. However, I'll know that you meant 'hair'!

Katherine S. Cole said...

1.)Sam: "*No!* Gandalf said *not to look,* Mr. Frodo!!!!"
Pippin: "whistling... not looking... not looking..."
2.) "900 years... and I *still* haven't figured out the square root of 836!"
3.)her: "hahahahehehehehahaha! hahahahahahaheeheeeheeehee!" him: " "That was*not* funny, dear!"
4.)Philip: "Um, Ed... Ed! Pay attention you guys, my horn is slipping!"
5.)Dopey: ":)"
Sneezy: "Ah-Ah-AH-"
Bashful: "Uh... um... eee!"
Sleepy: "Sigh. I... yawn."
Happy: "Well, you see, Doc, What they're trying to, ah, say... I mean, not to be rude, but..."
Grumpy: "But this is the stupidest idea you've ever had!!! How do you *know* this log is not going to slip!?! Or crack!?! Or break!?!"

Autumn said...

#1 Merry- "Pippin !That is soooooo embarrasing."
#2 Treebeard " Why can't Ents wear armour?"
#3 Valarie - "I stopped using makeup. What do you think?" Miracle Max - "Its definately an improvement."
#4 Edmund - "Keep smiling Peter. you're on camera."
#5 High ho ,high ho Snow white go!"
That was fun Izori. Happy anniversary!!!
Blessings
Autumn.

Anonymous said...

1. Sam: What is that glowing blue orb, Mr. Frodo?
Pippin: It's obviously attracted to our bacon and potatoes, Frodo.
Frodo: *in Mater's voice* It's the ghoooohst liiight!

2. Treebeard: Aw man. I can't believe he beat me.
Merry [off screen]: Beat you at what?
Treebeard: Touch hockey on my iPhone. I had a perfect record, too.

3. Magic Max: You. Maid. What's your name again?
Valerie: You should no it already, you lout! I'm your wife!
Max: Really? I have a vivid memory of a prettier wife.

4. Peter: There's that Easter Bunny again.
Edmund: *thinks then speaks* Bunnies don't lay eggs!
Peter: *slaps hand to forehead*

5.?