Friday, March 26, 2010

Urgent Prayer Request

Hi! Yes, it's me. Break has been going awesome! I've already killed off two major characters in the prologue! Lol. And I've been teaching Maethar to read...and he does NOT like it. Crazy character here, and can you guess where he gets it from? The author. Me. Yap, I'm crazy.

Anyway...my prayer request.

There has been a sudden climb in assaults right around where we live. As a matter of fact, a very brave fifteen year old young lady just barely avoided it--within walking distance of our house. Like, maybe a mile or less.

So, yes, we are a little freaked out right now, to say the least. I haven't run in a long time because I run alone, and there's a particular stretch where there are no houses and it's sheltered by trees and bushes. The rapist is basically a mastermind; he's known to study the schedule and lifestyle of his victim.

I'm usually not that scared of this stuff, but for some reason I'm a wee bit paranoid.

Can you guys please pray for safety, and for me not to be scared of my shadow? Healthy fear would be nice, but phobia is not something I want.

Oh, and it would rock if you could pray for the rapist's salvation.

Thanks so much,

Izori

3 comments:

The Warrior said...

First: Good for you to not go out alone. It'd be a good idea to get a trusty man friend (father, brother) to run with you. Do you have a dog?

Second: But yourself this:
http://spitfirepepperspray.stores.yahoo.net/index.html

Prayers have been/will be offered. STAY SAFE! Your fear is a "gift", as Gavin DeBecker called it.

Spencer

Autumn said...

I am praying for you and all in your neighbourhood, and the would be assulter. May God in his mercy and love keep you safe. I shall keep praying for you at this time.
Your sister in Christ
Autumn.

The Warrior said...

P.S. Speaking of...have you ever thought about reading Gavin DeBecker's Gift of Fear? I haven't yet, but understand it deals with some of said issues....