Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Randomness

Teaching music must be one of the best preparations (aside from being the oldest in a good-sized home-schooling family) to be a home-schooling mom someday. You have to figure out how the kid learns, how quickly, and for how long before their attention fizzles. In a way, it's harder because you wouldn't know them as much as you would your own child. However, my piano student (Liz) is a remarkably good student. Much more better than I was at her age.

I have my Sharpshooter Bar 4 in air-rifle!

Schoolwork has been a killer. So many writing assignments...interviews! Ack! I interviewed my great-grandma last week, which was really fun. Grandma has an AMAZING memory! No kidding; it's astounding. Better then mine.

I thought I was above all of that 'teenage attitude' stuff. After all, I'm not a teenager! I'm a young adult! But...well...ours in a low and deprived generation, to write a parody of a quote from Uncle Andrew from The Magician's Nephew. *Sigh*. How does my mom deal with me, sometimes?

My friend, Liz's older sister, read a story I was writing--a retelling of Snow White, Red Rose and White Rose, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, and more, all combined into one book. She really liked it, so now I shall add her to my list of editors (along with igirl and my dad).

Off to fold laundry!

Izori

2 comments:

His Handmaidens said...

Hmm....I hate interviews. A retelling of fairy tales? That is so neat! You have creative mind indeed.
Jillian

Izori said...

Lol, thanks Jillian. The interesting thing about a retelling of so many fairy tales is that you could have ten people write a retelling of them, and the books would be really different!