Monday, August 9, 2010

Hi, everyone!

I'm back! Duh! I really enjoyed my break--it was a lot easier than I expected. I actually got back on Sunday, but I didn't post because I didn't have time. Monday was our first day of VBS at our church!

Our theme: Outer Space

http://www.astronomy-pictures.net/eagle-nebula.jpg

Last year, I helped out with the 2 & 3 yr old class. If you have ever been inside a small room with twelve toddlers having meltdowns, then you know how I felt. Actually, all the kids were really cute (when they weren't crying) and two in particular were very good (one actually started crying because I wasn't in the room. It made me feel loved =) She was very attached to me.) I know that under normal circumstances they're very sweet, but I think even I would cry if I suddenly got dumped into a room with strange grown-ups without my mother. =)

So this year I am helping in the kitchen. One of my friends is in there too, as well as his mom, so it's an atmosphere where I'm comfortable. I washed dishes and chopped up fruit and cheese and poured drinks and served people food. It wasn't stressful, and I was kept busy the whole time. Perfect.

Izori

Post Script: On a side note, my father had his lump removed last Wednesday. We still don't know the results, but the doctors are pretty convinced it's just a cyst. Praise God, and thank you everyone for praying. Also, praise God for a near-emergency's safe resolution at VBS.



No comments: