Saturday, May 9, 2009

Book Review: The Field Guide

I actually read this book a while ago, but I wasn't going to do a review on it. Apparently, I changed my mind.

"The Field Guide" by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black
Book 1 of the Spiderwick Chronicles

When Jared, Mallory, and Simon Grace move into an old mansion belonging to Great-Aunt Lucinda, strange things start happening. Mallory is tied to her bed by her hair, Simon's pet mice go missing, and Jared is blamed for all of it. When he finds a secret room, a strange riddle, and a book on how to deal with faeries, Jared starts to suspect that their mansion is infested by an angry boggart. And he needs to appease it, otherswise bad things will continue to happen.

It was exiting, and has some neat illustrations (at least, the version that I read did). The Grace kids do show some love to each other, though they argue a lot. Unfortunetely, their arguments can get sort of bad, and they don't show a lot of respect toward their mom. Overall, the book was okay, so I'll put the link on the sidebar.

Izori

No comments: