Saturday, May 2, 2009

My Other Books

A month or two ago, I was talking to one of my very practical friends about writing books. When I told her that I was working on around seven and that I was completely overwhelmed and would probably start another book, she sensibly suggested that I just tell myself to not start a book until I finished all the others. Well...I followed her good advice for about three days. And I still haven't finished any of my books! (Dun Zarum doesn't count because Dad still needs to read and edit it, and by myself I already found about six problems). And now I've thought up another book since I posted about this stuff last. Two more, actually. These are them:

The one I thought up first is pretty similar to the one about the two cousins and the human flowers (the fun thing about writing your own books is that you can copy them whenever you want to). And the book's unnamed. The main character is about a boy named Ryan. His parents are on a business trip and so he gets dropped off at his Aunt Sara's house. His aunt's husband disappeared a while ago, though no one knows whether he's dead or alive. And he also has a cousin named Kelsey. Right away, Ryan is suspicious that something is happening that he doesn't know about, especially when Kelsey goes to a 'club meeting' and doesn't get back until 12:00 at night. And when he overhears her and Aunt Sara talking in the kitchen, he discovers that the 'club' is really an organization, made mostly of fairies and elves, who are trying to defend the town against invading shadow-people. Two of the club members have the magical skills to set up an invisible shadow barrier around the town, but they can't keep it up much longer. Soon the barrier will go down, and then the shadows will be free to invade. I might not continue this one.

The next one is also unnamed, and it's a lot like the Ranger's Apprentice Series, so I won't publish it. It's about this organization called the Warriors. At the beginning of their country's history twelve families made the Order, and there have always been twelve members, each descendants of the original ones. But one a reconnoitering trip around the border of their country, which is called Anglin, three Warriors are ambushed by Mirshvites, and two of them are killed. One has a son who is able to take on his father's role, but the other one only has three daughters. The oldest, Owenar, has to become a Warrior, and right on the verge of a Mirshvite attack, too. I might not continue this one, either.

And I'll probably think up more. Oh, and I pretty much quit the one with the cousins and the human flowers.

Izori

2 comments:

Catherine WhiteRose ~*~ said...

The one like the "Ranger's Apprentice" Series sounds really good!

Dinalla :)

Izori said...

Thanks.