Friday, May 15, 2009

Chapter 1 (Cousins)

According to the polls, I get to write another book! So...

Chapter 1

Ben groggily blinked as he stared up at his dark ceiling, for an unknown reason unable to sleep. I should probably think on something, he advised himself. Like why didn't I study for the math test tomorrow?! Well, okay, maybe not like that.

He sighed and turned over. His ceiling fan was on, but he was still hot. Ben sat up and looked at his clock. 11:46 PM.

It had been almost two months since Ben and his younger sister, Mikaela, had had their adventure in Elandai, the land across the creek. Ben really missed Learka and the others. Most of all Adonai. He and Kaela had spent hours talking about their experiences. And, what Ben thought maybe best of all, both of their parents had already been to Elandai and enjoyed it just as much as their kids. That way all the family talked about it.

Ben lay back down, and then right away sat back up with a jerk. There was a familiar, bright, flash in the room, almost like a picture being taken but a little more...meaningful.

I hope that's who I think it is! Ben thought. He opened his eyes, which had closed at the flash, and would have squealed if he hadn't been a very mature thirteen (almost fourteen) years old. There, standing in the middle of his room, was Adonai.

He looked exactly the same like he had in Elandai. He looked ageless, with a twinkle in his eyes. And like before, he was smiling. "Good day to you, Ben. Or should I say good night?"

Ben grinned and jumped out of bed. "Good night, Adonai. Are me and Kaela going back to Elandai?"

Adonai nodded, but couldn't say anything before Ben burst out, "When? Will I get my sword back?"

The man laughed. "Yes, you'll get your sword back. And you will go to the same place as before to get to the other world. But I do have some advice for you. 'Listen to your mother. She was called "Sara the Wise" when she was a queen in Elandai."

"She was a queen?" Ben's eyebrows jumped. "I didn't know that!"

"Yes, and your father was a king. Now is not the time to learn of their past in full detail, however. I'd better go." Adonai began to fade away, and then added, "And tell Mikaela of the goings on!" Then he disappeared completely.

Ben lay back in his bed, but this time he was not thinking of the math test he didn't study for. We're going to Elandai--tomorrow!" He fell asleep thinking of that.
--------- ----------- --------

He woke up in the morning and sprung out of bed. Throwing on his clothes, Ben sprung out of his room, only to bump into Kaela, also coming out of hers.

"Hi, Ben. What's up?" she asked.

Ben nearly jumped up and down with excitement. "Guess what? Adonai came into my room last night--"

Kaela gasped. "Really?"

"--and we're going to go to Elandai again!" he finished triumphantly.

His sister clapped her hands. "Awesome!" she exclaimed. "Today?"

"Yes. Oh, and he had advice for us. We're supposed to listen to mom."

Kaela raised her eyebrow. "Okay. Not like we usually don't..."

But Ben was already taking the stairs down to the kitchen two at a time. "I'd better do my math test then if we're going to go!"

His mom stood at the bottom of the stairs. "And where would you be going?"

"Oh, hi mom!" Ben called cheerfully. "We're going to Elandai!"

Mom smiled. "That's good. And you're math test is on your desk in the schoolroom, so do that before you leave." Kaela and Ben were both home schooled, and their mother was a very good teacher.

Ben got done with math pretty quickly, and he only had trouble with one question. Then he quickly slid into his chair at the breakfast table and began to eat.

Mom sat down next to Kaela, who was taking a sip of juice. "I bet your cousins will be happy to go with you," she said.

Ben froze. "Cousins?"

"Yes, cousins. Your aunt is dropping off Josh and Lindsey today. Don't you remember? They'll be here at nine."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There. My brother wants the computer now to do his spanish homework, so goodbye for now.

Izori

2 comments:

Catherine WhiteRose ~*~ said...

I am VERY happy that you are doing a book 2!!!!

Your Fan!

Dinalla

Anonymous said...

HI
I had one question. I thougth I remember you telling me this one would be more about Kaela.
Czarenih