In my book, Sarea (working title, remember) it seems like EVERYTHING'S clique! It begins on a dark and stormy night, it has an evil king that some people are trying to overthrow, and the main character is someone that looks completely under-qualified for overthrowing the evil king, but then finds out that they can use magic.
I didn't realize how clique my book actually was until I was already more than half-way through,
and then the clique-ness had become too important plot-wise to change.
It actually wasn't as bad as it seemed. I'm hoping that with all the tweaks I add, the clique stuff will be sort of countered. I actually have a pretty un-clique demise in store for my main baddie, and I've also plotted out some other deaths for more secondary villains.
And I'm almost done with the second part of Sarea! This part, other than the ever-popular escape through the window of a tavern late at night, isn't clique at all. And the romantic parts, which I was looking forward to with dread, has been going SO smoothly, and I don't think they're clique, either.
I was reading my first draft of the first-third of Sarea, and was astonished at how different it is from the up-to-date draft. My first draft was so much more shorter, and the writer style was more...amateur. It was only about 50 pages long typed up, and my previous draft is 146 pages. I'm hoping to add even more to it once iGirl''s finished her editing.
And iGirl's sister is working on a title for Sarea!! It looks SO awesome! She's an amazing artist.
2 comments:
Please excuse my ignorence, but what is "clique"? :/
~Eldarwen Failariel~
It's an odd-sounding but really fun to say word. It's something that's used so much that it gets old or doesn't have any meaning. Sort of like 'It's raining cats and dogs'.
Don't feel embarrassed that you didn't know; I didn't know what genre meant until a little while ago.
Post a Comment