Sunday, September 20, 2009

A real, live post (basically, not a scheduled one) in which I learn something!! (Wow, that's a shocker)

Behind our church there's a small area--I wouldn't even call it woods--but it has some trees, and it's really quite peaceful. So after church, I grabbed the notebook that I'm writing Sarea in and went in the not-quite-woods area. Well, it was rather popular, it seemed, that day. There was a berry fight with the boys, and then a lassie who's friends with Luthien and me (who for the sake of naming her, I'll call her Arìlì, after an Elven princess in Sarea) came up and asked me what I was doing.

"I'm writing," I replied.

"Really? About what?"

"A girl. Named Ehra." You can notice that my sentences never exceed two words.

"Cool! You could have it that she lives near a forest that is so tangled and twisted, that no one who enters there will ever come out again! It's owned by this wizard..."

And Arìlì goes on to tell me a complicated story, full of double plots and lost little boys and wizards and the wife of the wizard who bakes cookies for him. It ends with a soldier getting poisoned, by the way. And she's ten.

Even though I wrote a total of four words, I have discovered that Arìlì could very well grow up to be a writer.

Izori

1 comment:

Eldarwen said...

I awarded you, Izori!

~Eldarwen Failariel~