Well, Dad was supposed to start radiation/chemo today, but they bumped it to a later day because of some re-scheduled doctor's appointments. I'm not sure exactly when it's been moved to, but please pray for all of us, especially Dad. The radiation will blister the inside of his throat (the cancer is on his neck) so he'll have to use a feeding tube.
Izori
P.S. Just in case I won't be able to post in the next month or so, I'm scheduling posts for that time.
10 comments:
I am really sorry. I will pray for You, and your Dad and Family
Thanks!
Hi Izori! I know exactly what you're going through. About 3 years ago my family and I were told me Pa-pa (my dad's step-dad) had brain tumor and only had about 14 months to live. He went through chemo (and still is) and now he is completely cancer free, but his is the kind that wil come back if they don't keep treating it, so he's still having to do chemo. The best result of his brain tumor was that God used that to bring my dad's parent's to Christ! They are now strong Christians and are serving the Lord!
But then, May of this year my dad was having some weird issues. He couldn't walk, he could write, he saw double of everything, we thought it was a stroke. So, one day it got so bad my mom rushed him to the nearest hospital. They did an MRI and a CAT scan and it showed that he had a mass on his brain stem. They didn't know exactly what it was, but they diognosed it as Brain Cancer, just like my Pa-pa. My dad was in the hospital for about a week while they ran tests and other things. They didn't find out what it was, still, so they sent him home. He's been struggling with his vision, walking, writing and now talking since then. About two months ago he went for another MRI and the doctors said the mass on his brain stem had shrunk! Wonderful news, because that meant it wasn't a brain tumor because brain tumor's don't shrink and dad wasn't on any medication. So, they sent him home with wonderful news! Then, a few weeks later his symptoms got really bad. His whole right side would draw up (his arm, tongue, leg, foot, and even his ear would all cringe and make him look really funny), so he went back to the hospital for another MRI. That one showed that another mass had grown exactly where the other one was, but on the other side of the brain stem. So, we got bad news again. Then, just a few weeks ago he went back to the doctor and got another MRI because his symptoms were getting worse, again. The MRI showed that he had two more mass', one on his spine and one more in his brain somewhere behind his left eye. They said that tumors don't shrink, then come back on another spot and then multiply like that. They said he has MS (multiple sclurosis). Which will not kill him, but will make him get weaker, and weaker as the days go on. It has something to do with a tissue in the body over growing and spreading in places it doesn't need to be. Something like that. I'm still not sure about all that, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is. We have just been fervently praying and seeking the Lord on this and I will definitely keep your dad in my prayers because I know how hard it is! Just know that God is in control!
~Eldarwen Failariel~
I'll be praying for you dad, Eldarwen!
Thanks, Izori! I guess we'll be two prayer worriers, huh? LOL :)
~Eldarwen Failariel~
Izori,
You and your family are constantly in my prayers!!!!!!!
Princess Catherine ~*~
I'll pray for you too.We've had some major problems with my allergies when I was little. I got really sick with RSV once and almost died. But God is so in control of everything, Andrea and I will be happy to help you crochet a hat for him if you want.
:)
My whole family is praying every day for him, Izori.
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry...
My prayers are with you and your family at this time. Remember who is in control.
May the Lord shower upon you mnay blessings!
Spencer
Yeah, I guess this means that I'll have to work on a few hats!
Post a Comment