Whenever I walk into the schoolroom, I'm in full view of my pet turtle's tank, which is sitting on the schoolroom table (this is also where our computer is). Oddly enough, whenever I walk in, my turtle, Tintin, suddenly starts madly swimming in place against the tank wall. He almost never does that to anyone else but me, and I must admit that it makes me feel special. I take him for 'walks' across the kitchen floor.
Yeah, I'm weird. A turtle's affections (either that, or Tintin's trying to strangle me) make me happy. =) And honestly, I don't think I'd be well off without a pet of some sort. I've had about five hermit crabs, two cats, chickens, five fish, one shrimp, and now a turtle. Never had a dog. =( I do have a pet dragon, though! Lol, in my own virtual world, that is. I still have my favorite cat's collar and picture on my nightstand. =( He died a loooong time ago. Like, when I was nine or ten years old.
I also don't know many people who had a pet chicken. Pequenita was a black bantam pullet, absolutely gorgeous. I entered her into the fair, where she got a first place and beat out Erestor's bantam. =) The judges said that she was a perfect show-bird (good breeding, dealt with the stress of the show-barn well), but since we live in the suburbs I couldn't keep her. We gave her to a friend's farm, and now I have no clue what happened to her. Erestor's cockerel was named Dixie, and he was a lot different than Pequenita. A very nice bird, but he kinda went...well, mad...from being in the fair.
Such is the life of a dork...unusual pets, unusual hobbies...completely awesome!
Oh! Completely unrelated, but guess what! Mom and I went to Borders, and I got....DA-DA-DA-DUH! ALL THREE LORD OF THE RINGS MOVIES! YAY! This is a big deal for us, because we rarely buy movies. Now I have them stashed up in my room, right next to the LotR soundtrack. =)
Izori
3 comments:
All three LOTR movies? You're lucky. I have to take them out of the library.
I've had a lot of pets, too. Two hermit crabs, five guinea pigs, and currently five cats. But my mom wants a dog; preferably a little bichon frise. :)
lol that's hilarious!
congrats on your movies. you are officially nominated "Cool Person" ;)
Hey! The results from the writing contest are in- go check it out!
Post a Comment