Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Piano Highlights

...when Galdor accompanies me. Ever played Bach with a 2 year old?

...when Luthien dances to a Sonatina that I'm playing.

...when Erestor grabs his guitar and we whip out a jazz/rock version of Handel.

...when I finally 'get' the phrasing technique.

...when I made up my first really cool song.

...when I played 'Caro Mio Ben' and it actually sounded good.

...when I played Sonatina for a ballerina.

...when I work on a duet with one of my piano students.

...when I think about how awesome music is.

Ever had moments like these?

4 comments:

iGirl said...

cool post, I can just imagine your little sister dancing to your music, well she does it all the time!

Unknown said...

Absolutely! I love the piano...oh, I've played Bach with a two year old...sitting on my lap :P When Zuzu was just about three months old, Leia and I would practice with her on our laps, it made for great control and coordination :)

Sally said...

Sure have!

Whenever I perform- especially a solo performance.

When I can finally play the part I've been struggling with for weeks.

When I play notes above the staff easily and clear.

When I do well in an audition.

When someone tells me 'First chair'.

When I arrange music and it turns out really GOOD.

When I memorize my music.

During a marching band show.

Vellvin said...

Sounds very fun!