I wasn't even looking for this book when I saw it in the library, but I am soooo glad I did. And it's long, too! 534 pages!
"Inkheart" by Cornelia Funke
When Meggie, a twelve year old girl who lives alone with her father, sees a stranger standing in the yard one rainy night, she doesn't know that it will change her life forever. The stranger, Dustfinger, is here to warn her dad, who she calls Mo, that a mysterious person named Capricorn is after him. And then Meggie finds out that there are a whole lot of things she doesn't know the reason of, like why does Mo never read aloud to her? And what does Capricorn want from Mo, anyway?
It was a really, really, good book. It was exciting and long (which is good for an exciting book; I read it until 11:09 PM and still wasn't finished). And very well written. The only negative is that Aunt Elinor has a habit of swearing. I highly suggest it.
Izori
2 comments:
Izori,
I read that book to! I enjoyed it but the only thing was that I felt like Cornelia Funke could have done a better job with the plot (like make the bad guys more evil). Other than that, it was a great book!
Dinalla :)
Yeah, I thought she could have made Basta in particular a little more bad-guyish. I'm hoping to read "Inkspell"
Post a Comment