Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Chapter 10 (Mahal)

Can you believe it? In the double digits! Wow!

Chapter 10

It was the next day. The followers and Yeshua woke up early, and the sun had only been up for an hour when they set out on the last leg of their journey--to Mahal.

Kaela was surprised to hear Lindsey address her. "Hello, Kaela."

"Um...hi."

Lindsey dropped her voice. "Can I tell you something?"

Kaela looked at her suspiciously, but leaned her head in closer. "What do you want to tell me?"

"Do you really believe what everyone says about Daran? That he's bad and all, you know? Well, he isn't. I've met him, and I can prove it. Tonight--" that's how far Lindsey got before Kaela wisely picked up speed and strode away towards Yeshua.

What do you take me to be, Lindsey? A fool? she thought. I've almost met Daran in person, and Ben's actually fought a duel against him.

She caught up to Yeshua, who was at the front of the group, and walked silently beside him. Then she asked, "Yeshua, you know about Lindsey and--" she lowered her voice. "--her meeting with Daran?"

Yeshua turned to her. "Yes, I do, and I know what you'll ask. Why can't she see what she's getting herself into."

Kaela was hardly surprised that he knew. He's Yeshua. Of course he'd know.

"It's because she's refusing to see." Yeshua explained. "There are many people who don't like to admit that they're not perfect and they don't need a Yeshua, so they close their eyes and continue on trying to not think of how much they need help. Lindsey is one of those."

"Oh." Kaela's voice was small. "Do you think she'll ever change?"

"That is her story, not yours." Yeshua told her. "But there is hope for everyone."
--- --- ---

The followers and Yeshua reached Mahal shortly afterward. Ben took a good look at the city while they were still far away. It looked...normal. Not like the time before. He noticed there were people, bustling in and out.

Then, with a deep breath, he joined the rest of the followers on the long walk down the hill.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm hoping to get to atleast fifteen chapters, so I'm trying to stretch it out. Have you noticed?

Izori

4 comments:

Catherine WhiteRose ~*~ said...

Yep! But that is fine because that means more excitment, more fun, and more good writing!

Dinalla

Izori said...

Thank you!

Izori

Amanda said...

Hey Izori!!
Remember me?? Amanda?? We used to do BSF together... Adrea gave me your blog URL and I decided to check it out... AWESOME JOB!!!! :) I can't wait for the next chapter!! WOuld you mind if I followed your blog??

Izori said...

Not at all! Long time no see!!!! Glad you like my book!

Izori