Friday, June 19, 2009

Chapter 8 (Evil for Good)

I guess I'll do a chapter now. I don't have anything else to do. Because I read to much of the fantasy genre (or so Mom says) I'm banned from fantasy until I don't know when. Thankfully I'm not banned from writing!

Chapter 8

Kaela and Josh were just as shocked as Ben was, and all the other followers as well. Even Lindsey was looking at Yeshua strangely.

That night, before they got ready to bed down for the night in the forest, the followers discussed it among themselves. "What does he mean, he's going to get killed?" Enauth, one of the older followers, asked. Like him, everyone else was clueless.

"He's Adonai, isn't he?" Josh questioned. "How can he die?"

And like the other question, no one had the answer.
--- --- ---

After that night in the forest, they set out down the road to Mahal. There was little talking, as everyone was thinking about Yeshua's announcement yesterday.

If Yeshua is going to be killed in Mahal, then why are we heading right toward it? Josh asked himself. If he's going to due, then what'll happen to us, his followers?

That night, they stopped in a small city on their way to Mahal, called Cale'ish, and stayed in a little inn. There were many people there, and it was very noisy. Josh wondered how anyone could sleep like this.

Lindsey was sitting in a corner of the room they had paid for, moodily staring into space. Josh sat down beside her.

"Hi, Lin," he greeted. "What's the matter?"

Steam nearly shot out of her ears. "What's the matter?" she mimicked. "The matter is, you're a traitor!"

"Huh?" Josh asked, while starting to inch away.

"You've gone and joined that Yeshua's team. Don't you know they're the bad guys? They may tell you they aren't, but they're really lying."

"How do you know?" Josh was starting to get angry, too, but not at the followers. Call Yeshua a liar, will you? Argh, sisters!

Lindsey went on. "I know because someone told me. His name's Daran."

"Daran? But that's the real bad guy, Lin! Don't you remember when Ben and Kaela told us about him?"

"Well, like I said before, they were lying. You can't trust cousins, you know. And Daran is really nice! He can make food appear, like chocolates and cakes and ice-cream and cheesecake and stuff like that! Of course, it isn't real (see, he told me that, so that proves he isn't lying), but it sure tastes real. C'mon, why don't I bring you to him?"

Josh shivered. "No thanks! Bye, Lin!" He stood up and walked away, his mind whirling.

He met Yeshua in the hall. Josh didn't even have to say anything before Yeshua started the conversation. "What is the matter, Joshua?" By the look in his eyes, Josh figured that he knew everything already, but he told him anyway.

Once he had, Yeshua nodded slowly. "I see. Joshua, let me tell you something. Everything, including what Lindsey is doing, will be turned for good, even if she means it for bad. Be kind to your sister; she's very lonely."

"Yes, sir." Josh said, and then he went back into the room.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I started that chapter, I had no clue where it was going.

Izori

2 comments:

Catherine WhiteRose ~*~ said...

It seems like when that when you have no idea where the chapter is going, you create you best chapters! :)

Dinalla

Izori said...

That's good to hear!

Izori