Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Movie Review: The Prince of Egypt

A movie review on a book blog? Well, it was a good movie...

The Prince of Egypt (rated PG)
A DreamWorks Pictures production

Moses, growing up with his brother Rameses, never dreamed he was anything but the son of the Pharaoh of Egypt. Until he runs into his real sister, a slave named Miriam, who tries to tell him the real story. He flees, but later he does some serious thinking, and finds out that Miriam was right, Moses' mother set him afloat in a basket on the Nile long ago to save his life, and he drifted to the palace. And was adopted into the royal family. Now facing the truth, Moses realizes that his path will take him another direction then Rameses'. One will become the ruler of the most powerful empire on earth, and the other the chosen leader of his enslaved people. Their confrontation will change the world.

It was really good. It did have some parts not in the Bible, like Tzipporah and Moses meet before he runs away, but nothing really bad (like Ra was the real person in the burning bush, or something like that). I thought the voice-actors (actresses) did a pretty good job. Though I would probably read the Biblical version before you watch the movie. My favorite part was when Tzipporah dropped Moses down the well, or maybe a little bit of the chariot race.

Izori

2 comments:

Catherine WhiteRose ~*~ said...

I thought this movie was really good too! Thanks for warning the other readers who have not seen it about some parts not being in the Bible. :)

Dinalla

Izori said...

I really liked the music. I have the soundtrack, and it has some really good songs!

Izori