Monday, June 22, 2009

Chapter 9 (The 'Glass' Shard)

Goodness...next one will be Chapter #10!

Chapter 9

As Josh left the room after he talked with her, Lindsey rolled her eyes in exasperation. Brothers! Never want to try anything fun.

Nonchalantly, she reached into her picket and pulled out a dark piece of what looked like broken glass. It was actually much harder though, and it glowed red. Daran had given it to her the first time she had seen him, as well as shown her how to work it.

Lindsey laid it on her flat palm and then passed her hand over it, muttering something, and then tossed it up into the air. It immediately seemed to grow larger, until it was nearly as big as the room. She walked right into it, and it gave, like she was walking into a wall of water. Then the wall shrunk, and Lindsey with it.

She found herself, just like the last times, in a large, dark room (Daran had told her that it was in the table in Mahal). She was standing by a very long table, and at the other end sat Daran, on a sort of throne. His eyes gleamed the same color as the 'glass' had when he saw her. If Ben or Kaela had been here, they would have drew their swords and charged him. But they weren't.

"Greetings, Lindsey," he purred as she approached the throne. "We're you successful?"

Lindsey casually sat down in a chair next to Daran. "Well, I tried. Just like you told me, I asked Josh if he wanted to come with me, but he said no. Oh well. We can try again, right?"

An annoyed expression flickered across Daran's face, but Lindsey was not particularly observant and didn't notice it. "Apparently he was stronger then I thought," he muttered to himself.

"What's that?"

He didn't answer her question; instead he continued. "No, we won't go after Josh anymore."

"Then can we try for Ben?" Lindsey asked eagerly. "I still want to get back at him for bringing us here. It was his idea. Hey, what are you going to do to them when I bring them here, anyway"

"Never you mind. No, not Ben either. He's an old...enemy of mine, and I already know how he'll respond. Next time, go for Kaela."

"Kaela?"

"You heard me. Kae-la! I don't know how strong she is, but I have a feeling Master Benjamin"--this was said sarcastically--"will be willing to pay a very high price for his sister. And use bodily force if you have to, Lindsey. You are dismissed."

Right as he said that, the wall of 'glass' appeared in front of Lindsey, as she stepped through and was once more back at the inn.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That chapter I had planned out.

Izori

2 comments:

Catherine WhiteRose ~*~ said...

You didn't name this chapter? Hmm.... are you giving the readers a choice? :)

If so, you could name it "The Glass Shard" or something to that effect.

Dinalla

Izori said...

Wow, you catch on really quick! Thanks for the suggestion!

Izori