Thursday, September 10, 2009

Writer's Block

Writer's block is a condition, associated with writing as a profession, in which an author loses the ability to produce new work--Wikipedia

I guess that tells you what writer's block is--not that you guys don't know. Probably every writer has got writer's block at least once. I know I've got it a lot more! But have you ever given much thought to what causes it?

One thing that is usually my problem is I lose interest. The book has reached a dull point, where there's no new characters, forming plots, or battles.

Or when I have just started a book with no clue where I'll go with it, I tend to quit. I'll just make up a character, and then try and write a story around her/him. And unless you have a random idea where the plot is going, that won't work.

Izori

3 comments:

Eldarwen said...

I know what you mean. I'm writing a book right now and it's very hard. I have come up with all my characters, their names, their personalities, where they live, etc. But sometimes I get stuck and I have to erase something and start over. It's so hard!

~Eldarwen Failariel~

owo xD said...

I don't get writers block. I get writers bored. I get bored with my events, characters, story and whatnot and go write something fun. Usually I come back and write the dull scene afterward, and try to make it more exciting. I'm still on book one and I've written scenes in books two and three. lol

Izori said...

Yeah, when I'm done with a book and am doing my second draft, I usually move on to the next book.