Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and palced him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.

Luke 2:1-7

Ever wonder why Jesus came down?

He didn't have to, that's for sure.

At the cross dying for us, He could have called on a legion of angels to take Him down. He could have just ignored us here on earth and thought about more pleasant things. After all, it was OUR fault, NOT his, that got us into the mess we are in now.

But he did, and it certainly wasn't pleasant for him.

He was born in a dirty barn, put in a feeding trough filled with straw and animal drool (and maybe even splinters from the wood), in a dark, cold, crowded city. Not to mention Mary and Joseph had just completed a long, hard, dangerous journey. It wasn't going to get much better, either. Jesus lived a life filled with suffering, and a cross was waiting for him.

He did that because he loved us that much. And he didn't even have to.

I often-times wonder why God doesn't just throw up his hands in disgust and pronounce me hopeless. I've thrown much more than my share of spiritual temper-tantrums, rebelled against Him too many times, and have a total lack of trust in Him daily. I mean, if I were God, I certainly would have lost my patience a looong time ago. I don't deserve him.

But isn't it really great that He DID come?
Merry Christmas!


Izori



No comments: