Saturday, December 19, 2009

Writers Daybook

My, I haven't done this thing in AGES!! And I'm also going to be adding a few questions as I go along.


WRITER'S DAYBOOK
Entry 3

What time is it...9:14 AM

I'm feeling...excited. It's a snowstorm out there!

Outside is...snowy and pretty and it looks like everything's coated with fairie-dust!

Today I...am going to play outside in the snow, and write Erestor's Christmas gift. And make more Christmas gifts for my grandparents.

I am hearing...Mom and Luthien holding some kind of conversation in the kitchen, the keyboard going clickety-click. And Galdor just brought me a can of ginger ale. And then he dropped it. Oh, now he's shaking it around! I feel really sorry for whoever's going to open that.

I am hoping...that I can get everything done, and that the neighborhood kids won't trash the sledding hill.

I'm looking forward to...I don't know.

I am glad that...we got to go to Shadowland last night, and that we don't have to go anywhere today.

What I'm currently working on writing-wise...Erestor's Christmas present. And a script.

What I just finished reading...'Out of the Wild', by Sarah Beth Durst, 'Anne of Green Gables' by L.M. Montgomery (I think), and 'The Hobbit' by J.R.R. Tolkien.

What I'm hoping to read...'Tomorrow's Magic', by someone who I can't remember. Dad's looking it over for me to read, because we aren't sure how great of a book it'll be.

Writing buddy who I talked to last...Rin. We talked about how violent and cruel I can be to my characters (killing my main character once, torturing various ones, etc.) and how gentle and nice she is to hers.

Writing tip of the week...be willing to be mean to your characters. Also be nice when the occasion calls for it. I rewarded Elizabeth (poor lady; she was the one who got killed) with a chapter all about how nice and kind she was. She also got a cookie.

Number of words I wrote this week...maybe about four thousand or something. I'm not pushing too hard.

What time is it now...9:25 AM

No comments: