Like the first one of this series that I reviewed, I wasn't going to review it at first. But then I (obviously) changed my mind.
"Stoneheart" by Charlie Fletcher
Book 1 of the Stoneheart Trilogy
George is a fairly ordinary, twelve-year-old boy, living in London, until he breaks the head off a stone dragon outside the Natural History Museum accidentially on purpose. When he does that he awakes a formerly dormant power that has been out of effect for centuries--and the results are terrifying. A stone pterodactyl comes to life, peels off from the wall, and starts chasing George. Worse, no one can see what's going on, except for Edie, who is also trapped in this strange world because of her own strange powers.
George has disturbed the fragile truce between the warring statues of London, and he is forced into a race for survival where nothing is what it seems, and it's never clear who to trust. And this is just the beginning, as the statues of London awake...
The book was okay. Very exciting and it catches your attention. George, Edie, and the Gunner all make sacrifices in order to help each other out. However, the fact that Edie is a glint (a woman or girl who can see the past) is a little...un-Christian, and there are some English swear-words. Overall, it was fine.
Izori
1 comment:
Thanks for the warning about the swear-words. I think it sounds intresting though.....
Dinalla
Post a Comment