Chapter 12
Ben stared out the window of the house the followers and Yeshua were staying at. It was evening, and the crowd outside was thinning. The sun had just sank beneath the hills to the west, and the brilliant red and gold had given way to purple and blue. What he was looking at however, was not the beautiful scenery, but the four Ogre soldiers nearby--too close for comfort.
Is it possible that Daran may have got wind of Yeshua being in Mahal, and sent those soldiers to capture him? Tristan, Hans, and once Klii, told me all about how my Master is going to eventually kill Daran. One of the Ogres shifted and turned it's gaze to Ben in the window. It smirked, and the boy rolled his eyes, moving further into the room. Ogres brought unpleasant memories of sword-fights below grounds. Ben was a rather tranquil person, and he got an odd feeling thinking about all his narrow escapes.
He turned as Josh entered the room. "Hi, Ben," his cousin said, with a concerned look on his face. "Notice the Ogres?"
Ben nodded grimly. "Yep. I hope they won't be a problem."
Josh peered out the window at their 'guards'. "It's so odd."
"What is?"
"A week or so ago, I never would have imagined I'd be transported into another world, hear of livercream pie--" Josh grimaced at the thought. "--and meet Ogres!"
"Well, at least you have me and Kaela to explain everything to you. Our first time I thought I had gone crazy or something. And Klii, Learka, and Yev couldn't really explain it from our viewpoint well. I was confused for a long time."
Without warning, the door burst open, and Kaela and Tristan charged into the room. "Ben! Josh!" cried Kaela. "Come quick!"
"What? What's the matter?" Josh and Ben exclaimed at the same time, confused by the way Kaela was hopping up in down.
Kaela and Tristan took turns explaining. "A little while ago, I saw Garian talking with some of Daran's soldiers in the streets," began the boy follower. He looked pale, despite his tanned skin. "I could hear things like 'Yeshua...kill...betray...garden'."
"And a few minutes ago," Kaela took up the story. "Garian wanted to show Yeshua some things in the Isancaa Gardens, which is near the center of Mahal! They just left!"
Josh gasped. "Are you saying that Garian's going to betray Yeshua?"
Kaela grabbed her sword from where it was leaning on the wall. "Yes! Come on; we've got to stop him!"
Ben picked up his sword, too, while Tristan and Josh selected their dirks. Then the four of them rushed outside into the deepening night.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Despite it's not being very long, it took me a while to write this chapter. Probably because I kept on being interrupted by certain family members who wanted the computer.
Izori
No comments:
Post a Comment