Saturday, July 4, 2009

Favorite Characters

Okay, today isn't as action packed as I pictured it to be. And my brother 'broke' my finger Bug Eyed, so it sort of hurts to type (that emoticon is one of my favorite!), but I'm really bored, so I guess I'll just tell you my favorite book characters. That I can think of.

Legolas (Lord of the Rings)
Saphira (Inheritance)
Susan (Narnia)
Edmund (Narnia)
Lucy (Narnia)
Peter (Narnia)
Eragon (Inheritance)
Obi Wan Kenobi, if I spelled that right (Star Wars)
Angela (Inheritance)
Arya (In all the Inheritance books except for 'Eldest')
Mhegan (The Journal*)
Ein (The Journal*)
Ehra (Sarea*)
Matthias (Redwall)
Mattimeo (Redwall)
Samkin (Redwall)
Maki (Sarea*)
Gimli (Lord of the Rings)
Leela (Sarea*)
Aera (Sarea*)
Karo (Sarea*)
Kaela (Elandai*)
Ben (Elandai*)
Josh (Elandai*)
Lindsey (Elandai*)
Meggie (Inkheart)
Dustfingers (Inkheart)

There are many, many others, by the way. (* means I wrote the book)

Izori

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I despretly need a good series of books!! I finished a few series of books and haven't read anything lately due to the fact that I have nothing to read!! Are Inkheart and Iheritance good books?? And since I just got on your blog do you have reveiws for those two series?? And what would you rate both series on a scale of 1-5 stars?? I appoligize for the extra long post but I am dying, litterally!!!

Izori said...

Yes, Inkheart and Inheritance are very good book series'. I've only reviewed the first book of the Inkheart Trilogy (called 'Inkheart', just like the series). It's buried somewhere in my posts; you know the labels at the bottom of each post I make? If you go to my most recent book review and click on the label 'book reviews', all my reviews will come up. It should be in there. 'Inkheart', the first book, is the only book in the trilogy I've read, but I've heard good things about the other two, 'Inkspell' and Inkdeath'.

I haven't reviewed Inheritance, although I've read all of them except for fourth (which I don't think is out yet). I think I will review them sometime.

I would rate Inkheart 4 1/2 out of 5 stars (Aunt Elinor has a habit of swearing a lot, which is the only major problem), and Inheritance probably 3 or 4 out of 5.

Also, there are more books by Cornelia Funke (the author of the Inkheart Trilogy). She wrote 'Dragon Rider' and the 'Thief Lord', both of which I've reviewed. And have you heard of Brian Jacques' Redwall Series? (I haven't reviewed those, but they're very good. The only bad thing is that in some of the books, Mother Nature is mentioned)

If your interested in historical fiction, Robert Elmer writes very well.

Hope this helps,

Izori

P.S. I might do a post on my author suggestions.

Amanda said...

Thanks so much!! I am begging my mom to let me order the whole Inkheart Trilogy off of amazon!! ;) So in your opinion Inkheart is a better series of books than the Inheritance books are?? And now I'm asking you about Redwall (I'm so sorry to keep bothering you with these things!! What is wrong with me?!) What would you rate the Redwall books out of five stars? That's all for now and thank you so much!! :D

Izori said...

Yes, I think the Inkheart Trilogy (or at least just 'Inkheart' the book) was a little better then Inheritance, even though Inheritance was pretty good. In one of the books, Arya (one of the main characters) seemed a little snobbish, and the elves are atheists. However, other then that, they're pretty good.

Redwall...probably 4 9/10 stars. It would be 5 stars, except in some books Mother Nature is mentioned. Although in the newest book so far, Doomwyte, they didn't mention her.

Don't worry about asking all the book questions. I love answering questions! (Especially about books! :)

Izori

Izori said...

The Inkheart Trilogy is really the Ink*world* Trilogy. I think I was reading something really fast about the Inkworld Trilogy, and read it as Inkheart Trilogy. Sorry about the confusion.

Izori