I can't believe it. 2009, a year that for some reason I thought would last forever, ended. We'll never go back to it again. You'll never write "2009" along with a month and day at the top of your math sheet. Now it's 2010.
So...I made some New Year's Resolutions, like I do every year. Now keeping them will be the hard part. Here are my resolutions:
- Read my Bible every day.
- Make a habit of eating healthier.
- Write at least 1,000 words a week.
- Stay ahead or on track with my schoolwork.
- Be more respectful to my parents and to my siblings.
- Be able to run 3 miles without stopping.
I think that six is enough! The resolutions aren't in any particular order, although I'm going to work the most on #s 1, 2, 5, and 6. #s 3 and 4 aren't quite as important, although I would really like to work on the schoolwork thing. I'm actually right on track for all of my schoolwork except for...Latin. There's a reason for that, people! I'd much rather be learning Gaelic, Norwegian, or Elvish! Even Greek! Not...Latin.
Oh, although it's not quite a resolution, it's something that I would like to work on.
Get really good at soccer.
If I'm going to play in collage soccer, I'd better start practicing my drills! Not now though, it's REALLY cold outside.
Oh...and a correction. I said a few posts ago (Maybe one? Two? Whatever.) that Dad would be having a PET scan on January 1. Needless to say, that is incorrect. It's February 1.
Anyway, tonight we're going to have a recital. I'm going to play my Irish Tinwhistle and the piano (not at the same time, naturally)...and maybe if certain people come our wee singing group will perform. Boy, there's a lot of room for messing up. I hope I don't crack on any high note! I'm soprano, so mostly I just crack on the low notes. XD
Don't you love that what-ever-you-call-it? XD =) is another cool thing. And of course, O.O
I just realized I'm rambling.
Happy New Year!
Izori
3 comments:
Those are some very good resolutions. I know exactly what you mean when you say you thought 2009 would last forever. It always makes me sad to see a year go... Anyways, Happy New Year!
Happy New Year Izori!
Just so you know, I just posted the membership form for the book club HERE
What do you think of having something by Jane Austen as the first book?
Post a Comment