Even though I'm still giving out chocolates and paper hearts to everyone (more like Jolly Ranchers and paper hearts, lol) I'd like to remember what this holiday really is about--a saint who lost his life for the Lord under the rule of Nero in Rome. God also worked through him to restore sight to the blind daughter of a Roman official.
So, after you've taken a moment to remember St. Valentine...
*hands over a virtual box of chocolates* Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!!!!!
Now I get to tell you all about my experiences.
So, last night (Date Night) was actually pretty fun. I was on food-prep, and it actually was easy. Not NEARLY as stressful as teaching the 2-3 yr. old class in VBS! They had 'Ratatouille' on for the kids, and most of the helpers watched it, too :) We (Galdor, Erestor, Luthien, me) only watched ten minutes of it before we had to go, but we had seen it before so it didn't really matter. We were really tired, so we went to bed almost as soon as we got home.
Today was Valentine's Day!! We got up, had breakfast, and then I really quickly made valentine's for my friends at church. Then we went to church, where we had a really good lunch (church lunches are always good, lol), and then we came back home. Dad gave us really fancy chocolates and they taste REALLY GOOD!!!!!!!!!! And then I gave Erestor, Luthien, Galdor, and Dad big hearts stuffed with handfuls of candy, and I gave Mom 'intensely dark' chocolate. And I got a valentine from one of my friend's at church that was very pretty.
Oh yeah, and both Mom and I decided that next week we'll go for seven days without sweets! After a day like this, I think it'll be kind of easy! There's only so much sugar you can have before you have a sugar-crash, y'know! Lol.
Izori
No comments:
Post a Comment